September 2017 Trainings (2)
A. Ethical Dilemmas in Play Therapy, 3 CE's
Date: Friday, September 22, 2017
Time: 1000-1300 (Eastern Standard Time)
Mode: In-Person or Live WebinarThis workshop is designed to provide participants with an overview of the importance of adhering to "clearly" defined ethical practices and expectations and suggestive resolutions for the unavoidable ethical dilemmas that arise field of Play Therapy.
Attendees will explore and define ethical guidelines defined by the Play Therapy Association to include defining the therapeutic relationship, the role of parents/guardians in the therapeutic experience, defining the client, maintaining confidentiality, establishing boundaries and limits, etc.
- Attendees will explore and review best ethical practices in the state of Georgia, in addition to considering client population, specifically children (minors).
- Attendees will review and learn the Play Therapy Associations defined "Play Therapy Best Practices."
- Participants will explore and examine at least 3 probable scenarios that may arise in the Play Therapy room.
Location: Via live webinar, or in-person at 4290 Belair Frontage Road, Suite A, Augusta, Georgia 30909.
*Webinar instructions and access will be emailed 3 business days prior to scheduled course date.*
Presented by: Shatisha M. Wilson, LPC, RPT, NCC
APT Provider Number 16-467, 3 CE's
LPCA APPROVAL NUMBER 6644-16S, 3 Ethic CE's (Georgia)
B. Play Therapy Intensive: Advance Application and Practice, 6 CE's
Date: Saturday, September 23, 2017
Time: 0900-1600(Eastern Standard Time)
Mode: In-Person ONLY
This workshop will provide attendees with an overview of Play Therapy application (i.e. tracking, reflecting feelings, setting limits, etc.), in addition to Sand Tray intervention. Participants will be provided with in-class demonstration with children, in addition to practice with children utilizing varying techniques and modalities. Please dress appropriately and be prepared to work with children on the floor or on small ottomans in the playroom (individual and small group application and technique will be explored and demonstrated).
- Participants will learn and practice the following skills:
- Structure of the play therapy session
- Establishing boundaries and limit setting
- Sand tray techniques
- Applying play across the lifespan (children/teens between the ages of 4-17)
- Hands on skills training with children on an individual and small group basis
Location: Via in-person at 4290 Belair Frontage Road, Suite A, Augusta, Georgia 30909.
Presented by: Stephanie Truong, LMFT, RPT & Shatisha M. Wilson, LPC, RPT, NCC
APT Provider Number 16-467, 6 CE's
LPCA APPROVAL NUMBER 6644-16S, 3 E